The Certified Pool & Spa Operator ® (CPO ®) certification program is the world’s leading education and certification program for keeping pools safer and keeping them open. Over 400,000 students have been trained since 1972.
CPO certification provides individuals with the knowledge, techniques, and skills required for proper pool operations. This course is eligible for IACET Continuing Education Units (CEUs).
SPMC offers the full classroom course. The classroom course is a 14-16 hour, two-day program taught by a certified instructor.
- Reduce risks in and around the water
- Prevent drowning, recreational water illness, suction entrapment, evisceration, diving accidents, electrocutions, chemical hazards, and slips and falls
- Address regulatory guidelines
- Maintain disinfection and water balance
- Manage water problems
- Perform troubleshooting, chemical testing, and record-keeping
- Manage chemical feed
- Utilize automation and technology